Guardian Assistance Program
Our Guardian Assist program is provided to help you find and place your beloved dog into a new forever home, utilizing the Furry Friends Rescue, Petfinder.com, AdoptaPet.com and VirtualPetAdoptions.com websites (LOTS of traffic to these websites), advertising and adoption showcases.
Your dog needs to be social (people friendly), should be animal friendly and can be handled / petted. If you would like our assistance in this program, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org so we may contact you and schedule a time to meet. If you don't have email you can call but response will be delayed due to our busy schedules.
Guardian Assistance Dog - Murray 2010
If you would like to participate in this program, you must:
- Email us at: email@example.com so we may contact you and schedule a time to meet. If you don't have email you can call us at (510) 794-4703 but response will be delayed due to our busy schedules. Please do not bring dog(s) to our adoption showcase unless a Furry Friends Rescue volunteer contacts you to ensure that we have cage/floor space available and you have all medical records.
- Bring all your vet records of current vaccinations, vet records, tests and spay/neuter. Dogs must have DHPP, Bordatella & Rabies (4 mos. & older).
- Transport dog(s) to our "Adoption Showcase". To see adoption showcase locations, click here.
- You will be asked to sign our: Guardian Adoption Assistance Program Agreement and donate $25. Provide: a photo, a brief description, temperament, and a report of all his/her medical history. We will place the photo and description on our website in the Guardian Assist section.
- You will be fully responsible for this dog(s) at all times until they are adopted.
- You must screen all applications before placing the dog(s) in a new home. We will assist you with interviews. Home visits are preferred to insure your dog's safety.
- Upon adoption, ask for a donation to Furry Friends Rescue of $100+ for dogs from the adopter to ensure a serious/true adopter. Please give the name, address and phone # of the adoptor to Furry Friends Rescue.
About Cats and Kittens
We do not offer guardian assist for cats or kittens to prevent possible contagious diseases at our showcases. Our volunteers focus on the rescue of cats/kittens from many animal shelters. Please see our Resource Page for list of other cat rescues.
Furry Friends Rescue will...
- Post your dog(s) on our Guardian Assist Dogs page which receives lots of traffic.
- Guide or refer you to vets and no cost spay/neuter clinics. All dogs must be vet examined, tested, vaccinated and spay/neuter prior to adoption.
- Showcase the dog at one of our adoption showcases. We require that you be present at the showcase to help screen potential adopters and to answer questions.
Other Guardian Assistance Programs
Pets in Need
873 5th Avenue
Redwood City, CA 94063